Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Pretty little things


Do you have one favorite area of your house that you just love?  I do.  One is a little corner in my piano room, and lately, the other is my kitchen window.  I feel like I have photographed this area so much recently, but I keep finding new little treasures to upcycle for "display". 

I was at the dollar spot at Target recently, and found a chalkboard marker.  I put it in my cart, and then put it back on the shelf.  Then I put it back in my cart again.  Over and over I did this.  I know it was only a dollar, but I didn't want it to be an impulse buy!  I finally kept it because I was so curious to see if it worked.  Now, I'm guessing that most everyone has been using one of these to make all of their beautiful chalkboard art these days.  But, like I have said before, I am very slow to jump on the band wagon, and somewhat old fashioned.  I always have been.  I think we were the last to get an answering machine, high speed internet, and *gasp* I don't even have a smart phone!  In fact, I picked up a GPS at a yard sale, and we have used it, but I find that I don't even like relying on that very much.

 I bought the chalkboard marker and couldn't wait to try it out.  I used a little chalkboard from a yard sale to print the words "Give Thanks" inside a laurel wreath.  I can't tell you how fun it was to use!  The packaging claims you can even erase it like real chalk, but I haven't tried that yet.  It was so smooth....like writing with a paint pen.

The next thing I displayed in my window might look familiar to some of you.  Long ago, I found a way to make beautiful "faux" stained glass windows.  It remains one of my most pinned posts.  You can see it here.  Well, I could never find the perfect place for it, and over time, it got a little bumped and bruised because i wasn't very careful with it.  I couldn't part with it, so I cut the plexi glass down, and stuck it in a "new" (yard sale) frame.  Then I just set it in the windowsill.  I love the light that streams through it,





And, I love it when my brain finds ways to re use old things!  Creativity is a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...