Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Zuppa Toscana Soup~


Good Morning!

I just put two loaves of artisan bread in the oven to take to a luncheon today.  I made a plain loaf, and a pecan, cinnamon, raisin loaf.  I made up the sweet bread recipe, so we will see how it turns out. They have been bubbling all night long on the counter though, and smell delicious.  I just love that recipe!  

The weather is crisp here, and I am starting to dig out my soup recipes.  My mom gave me this recipe for Zuppa Toscana soup, and we made it last week.  It is a copycat recipe from Olive Garden. I have never had the soup at the restaurant, but it was pretty tasty at home.  I just used the sausage in the tube that already had bacon in it.  I also added some real bacon bits from my freezer.  To make it even easier, I used prepared minced garlic from the fridge.  If it sounds good to you, here is the recipe!


Zuppa Toscana Soup

3/4 lb. ground sausage, cooked and drained
3 Large potatoes sliced fairly thin, skins on
1 Large onion chopped
4-6 pieces cooked bacon crumbled or real bacon its
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups finely chopped cabbage
2 cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 c. heavy whipping cream (I used fat free half and half)

Place onions, potatoes, broth, water and garlic in soup pot.  Simmer on low until the potatoes are done. (about 20 minutes).  Add sausage, bacon and salt and pepper if you'd like.  Simmer 10 minutes.  Turn stove to low and add the thinly sliced cabbage and cook 10 minutes.  Lastly add the cream and heat through.

Today, I'm going to try this Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe.  It looks so yummy too!  

3 comments:

  1. That soup sounds amazing! I'm making soup tonight although I decided I'm going to start making Monday soup night so then I will have the leftovers to eat for lunch all week. Your bread sounds amazing I do hope you will share the recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of Monday soup night! I made the Thai shrimp soup earlier this week and ate it for lunch three days in a row! Here is a link to the bread recipe. It is so delicious and very fast and easy to make. Sometime I will try the lemon rosemary guyere cheese one...http://www.simplysogood.com/2010/03/crusty-bread.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...