Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Santa's PJ's~quick craft & gift


I know some of you have a Thanksgiving tradition of making a Christmas craft with your families after the big feast, so  I wanted to share this cute little idea with you.  My friend gave me a couple of these felt Santa pj's last year for Christmas filled with Hershey's kisses.  I thought they were so adorable, that I decided to hang them on my tree this year.  I know she found the idea on pinterest, but I couldn't find the link.

Either way, it looks easy enough to make without a pattern.  If you want, you can hold up a piece of computer paper to the image below on your screen, and lightly trace the outline of the suit with a pencil.  You can then re size it to however big you would like it to be.  Since there is candy in the one below,  I would make the legs a bit wider than they are in this image, and I would make the whole suit a little bit bigger.




All you will need is red felt, red thread, scissors, craft glue or glue gun, and little white pom poms.

1.Using your pattern, cut two suits exactly the same out of the red felt.  (maybe fold a sheet of felt, pin your pattern to both pieces, and cut around them at the same time)

2.On one of the suits, cut a slit as far down as the arm pits are about 1/4" or a little more in from the edge.

3. Cut out a long rectangle out of a scrap piece of fabric, Sew the top long edge of the rectangle to the fabric above the slit. (this makes the flap.)

4. With the flap facing you, put both suits together and sew around the entire suit a little bit in from the edge.

5. glue the little pom poms to the edges of the flap, as well as the front of the suit.

6. When dry, fill the flap with candy.  :)

* If you want to make an ornament instead, don't sew the neck closed.  Bend some wire to make a little hanger, and hang it on your tree. (or just hot glue a loop of twine to the back and hang it up.  I just set my suits in the tree, and they don't fall off.)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...