Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Magic Potions



I knew that baking soda could be used for other things besides baking, but I didn't realize the great extent of its many uses until a recent investigation.  I read that you can mix baking soda with water and use it on your face as an exfoliator!

If you go to this site, you will learn other tips on how to use if for person hygiene,
for your baby, bathroom, carpets and floors, general household, kids activities, kitchen, outside, pets, and garage.  Here is another site for how to make homemade, chemical free toothpaste with it!

Funny, it says so right on the box...and I had never noticed! (For baking, cleaning, and deodorizing)
I'm thinking that if I want to save money, and go more "natural" I should start using plain old baking soda more often!

Speaking of going natural, I have been dealing with a hormonal imbalance for the past several months!  A friend tipped me off to using cream of tartar to control my acne.  It works (google it for success stories).  No, you don't put it on your face, you ingest it.  You simply mix 1/2 tsp. each morning or night into a glass of juice and drink it down.  It takes a few weeks to begin noticing the difference, but you will.  My friend uses 1/2 tsp. each morning AND each night, because she wanted to see faster results!  I do the same.  And, I don't mix it with juice.  I mix it with a little bit of water (maybe 1/4 c.), stir quickly, and swallow.  It tastes nasty this way, but you get used to it.  (I am not a big juice drinker, and don't want the extra calories).

Along with vinegar (see this post), baking soda and cream of tartar remain my "magic potions"!

2 comments:

  1. I *love* baking soda. My main cleaning agents are vinegar and baking soda for the whole house. Now I've recently learned that you can dissolve b.soda in water and soak stains out of clothes. This stuff is a miracle potion - and think of all the money saved by not buying cleaning products (not to mention how much healthier for the environment)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main purpose of the Custom Cream Packaging is to enhance the value of the product. The use of creams in cosmetics has triggered innovation in the packaging industry. In the last few decades, the cosmetics industry has revolutionized due to its high-level demand. People use different kinds of creams. Thus, the consumption of the product comprehends the rate of the business of a brand. Thus, due to the high-level demand for trendy and stylish finishing of the cosmetics, we have introduced various features of Eye Shadow Boxes. We incorporate the different styles and features to make your product unique. Thus, plz contact us to distinguish your product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...