Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Behind the scenes…


IMG_4728

Here's a look at some of my decorating tricks and tips from Grace's bedroom remodel...



I just cut the collar right off the shirt, and then hot glued the raw edges and ends under.  Then I hot glued it onto the pillow to cover up where the buttons used to be.  I didn't want to put anything else on there since she will be using it, and I want it to be comfortable.  (like no fancy roses to poke her in the back!)

IMG_4727
IMG_4851

Here is the yard sale table.  See how pretty ugly the top was?!

IMG_4740
IMG_4741

I didn't want to paint it, so I used a newspaper template to cut the embossed wallpaper out that I picked up at a yard sale.  I just hot glued it on around the edges.  I thought about decoupaging some cute scrapbook paper on top, but all the standard size papers were too small for the area I needed to cover.

IMG_4742
IMG_4834

Here is the dated gold metal frame around the closet door mirrors...(One day Grace and her friend realized they could use the mirrors as dry erase boards...hence the drawings!)

IMG_4729

And now with a coat of black paint...

IMG_4841_thumb[1]

The window before...

IMG_4731

And after... (don't you just love black paint?)

IMG_4848

The ceiling fan before the yard sale chandelier went up...

IMG_4210

(BTW, I finally decided that beauty trumped comfort!  But, now I have a vintage fan, so I can just put that in there.  See there is always a solution!)

Old brass chandelier from a yard sale that I started hand painting gold with black details before I knew what I was doing.

IMG_3710

Crystal necklaces from Goodwill !  After painting, I cut them apart, and draped them around the "arms" of the chandelier.  Then I hot glued them into place, and added other crystals to dangle from the arms.

IMG_4720
IMG_4721

Covered the parts I didn't want spray painted with plastic wrap, painted the entire thing chrome.

IMG_3716
IMG_4830

The gold yard sale mirror before (covered with newspaper)

IMG_3754

And after painting it with the same spray paint as the chandelier...

IMG_4863

There were a few more things I forgot to take photos of, but you get the idea.
And, this room should definitely grow with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...