Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Free

In my last Dollar Tree Bargain post, I forgot to mention a couple of other things that I like to get at the dollar store.  Now is a good time to stock up on the little battery operated candles (two to a pack). They seem to go quickly this time of year, and I noticed the end cap at my store was getting pretty picked over already.  I put one on the windowsill in a little vintage jelly jar that I picked up at a yard sale.

I also found the best deal I have ever seen on toothbrushes at the Dollar Tree.  A pack of six  for only a dollar.  They have soft bristles, and work out great for our family.  Don't you just love a good deal?!

I've had some empty Terra cotta pots hanging around, and decided to "shop my yard" for something to put in them.  Amazingly, I have never thought to do that before!  Often times we can find free things right in our own backyards!  I realized that my catnip in my yard is still going strong!  When it blooms, it looks like lavender to me.  I've had it for years, and it's quite hardy.  I figured if it was so tough to kill outside, I might have some luck with it inside as well.



I also dug up some garlic onions from my garden to put into pots.  Most of the plants we have in our yard were here when we moved in.  We tried the onions once, and didn't think they were very good. They just keep multiplying, and I have had a hard time keeping them under control!


By the way, what do you do with real lavender?  I have some in my front yard.  It dried naturally, so I sent Grace out to gather it.  It smells really good, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet.


In honor of Autumn, I found this old piece of artwork done by my 17 yr old when he was in second grade.  I have always loved it.  The bright red apples remind me of those in our backyard that are ready to harvest.  Unfortunately, most of our apples end up on the ground just like those in Ryan's painting!


Speaking of children's art, soon I'll be volunteering for the middle school art club...two days a week at 6:20 a.m. That's early, but I'm looking forward to it!  And, I will already be up to help my boys get out the door on time for their early morning religion class.  I might as well do something else at that hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...