Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Christmas gift idea


I know we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but I'm starting to get excited to decorate for Christmas.  My neighbor has her tree up, and I am officially in the mood for all the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas.  I promise I will wait until after Thanksgiving to do anything about it though! :)

Since I'm thinking ahead about gifts, I thought I would share something that I did last year that went over really well.  Before you think it requires a lot of kneading and rising, think again.  These beautiful loaves of bread are Rhodes frozen pre made loaves!  So, all that is required is sticking them in a bread pan to raise, and then baking.  I tied each bag with a ribbon and attached a card with the scripture reference to Jesus being the bread of life...

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life.  He that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."  John 6:35


I also included a link to some of my favorite Bible videos.  Who doesn't love a loaf of freshly baked bread?  ;)  And, if you are really in a hurry, you can use my rapid rise method using a heating pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...